Arts and Culture
The City of Guelph and Wellington County are known for rich architectural heritage, a vibrant cultural life and wonderful assortment of music festivals and events. Guelph and Wellington are home to festivals, cultural events and celebrations. The City of Guelph Arts and Culture page gives an overview of the activities on offer.
- The River Run Center is the City of Guelph’s signature performing Arts Center.
- The Sleeman’s Center hosts the local Hockey team’s home games as well as other sports activities and concerts.
- The Centre Wellington Community Guide is a guide to Centre Wellington’s sports and leisure activities. Featuring programs offered at the Centre Wellington Sportsplex, Victoria Park Seniors Centre, Fergus Grand Theatre, Elora Centre for the Arts.
- Drayton Festival Theater was founded in 1990 and was an immediate success. Check their website for current performances.
- Hillside Festival is a family friendly music festival held every year at Guelph Lake.
- Guelph Dance is a festival held every year in different venues across the city, giving everyone the opportunity to see amazing performances.
- The Guelph Jazz Festival presents innovative jazz and creative improvised music in a community setting. It includes free concerts in downtown Guelph.
- Check out the many Conservation Areas to visit in Guelph Wellington which offer hiking, swimming camping and other outdoor activities.
- Ignatius Farm has beautiful walking trails and also sells fresh vegetables and rents out Community Garden plots for those who want to grow their own fruits and veggies.
- The City of Guelph has an extensive system of parks and trails for you to explore.
- The University of Guelph Arboretum is a great place to go for a walk or take a guided tour to learn about art, botany, wildlife and gardening.
- Starkey Hill Conservation Lands offers a 4km trail through forest and wetland areas.